The Gastroenterology Department at Woodland Healthcare offers comprehensive treatment for patients with diseases of the upper digestive tract (esophagus and stomach), the gallbladder and biliary tract, pancreas, liver and large intestine (colon and rectum).
Common symptoms associated with gastrointestinal disorders include, but are not limited to, abdominal pain, bloating, diarrhea, constipation, bleeding from the digestive tract, regurgitation, and difficulty swallowing. At Woodland Healthcare we offer comprehensive treatment through consultative services, inpatient/outpatient care, and procedures.
We have three board certified gastroenterologists - Henry Mok, MD; James Kao, MD and Jason Umphress, MD who work in conjunction with our on-site radiologists, pathologists, surgeons and oncologists to offer our patients excellent care and service, right here in Woodland.
Common Disorders/Diseases treated:
- Gastroesophageal Reflux (GERD), Esophagitis and Barrett’s Esophagus
- Peptic Ulcers, Gastritis, and Helicobacter Pylori (infection of the stomach)
- Varices (varicose veins of the GI tract)
- Diseases of the small intestine, including Celiac Disease
- Inflammatory diseases of the GI tract, such as Chrohn’s Disease, Ulcerative Colitis, Diverticulitis, Pancreatitis, Gallstones and Cholecystitis
- Tumors (benign and malignant) of the GI tract, such as Esophageal, Gastric and Colon Cancers)
- Cirrhosis, Hepatitis (such as B and C) and fatty liver
- Upper/Lower GI bleeding
Diagnostic and therapeutic procedures include:
- Esophagogastroduodenoscopy (EGD) – Endoscopy of upper GI Tract
- Colonoscopy Screenings & Diagnostic – Endoscopy of the lower digestive tract
- Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography (ERCP) – Examination of the biliary system and pancreas
- Esophageal Dilation
- Liver Biopsy under ultrasound guidance, in conjunction with radiology
- Hydrogen and Lactose breath test
For more information, or to schedule an appointment, please call 530.668.2600.
Woodland Healthcare Gastroenterology
1321 Cottonwood Street, 2nd Floor | Woodland, CA 95695 | 530.668.2600
Use our convenient online directory to help find a Woodland Healthcare doctor.